In the current FTTH project, FRP and KFRP are widely used because of their advantages over steel wire and glass fiber. From outer appearance, FRP is white, KFRP is golden, and its performance is different. Below Yingda Photonic make a brief introduction of KFRP, for reference only:
- Light weight and high strength: aramid fiber reinforced optical cable reinforcing core has low density and high strength, and its strength or modulus far exceeds that of steel wire and glass fiber reinforced optical cable reinforcing core;
- Low expansion: the aramid fiber reinforced optical cable reinforcing core is in a wide temperature range, and the linear expansion coefficient is less than that of steel wire and glass fiber reinforced optical cable reinforcing core;
- Impact resistance and fracture resistance: the reinforcing core of aramid fiber reinforced optical cable not only has ultra-high tensile strength (≥ 1600mpa), but also has impact resistance and fracture resistance. Even in the case of fracture, it can still maintain a tensile strength of about 1300mpa;
- Good flexibility: the reinforced core of aramid fiber reinforced optical cable is soft and easy to bend, and its minimum bending diameter is only 24 times of the diameter;
- The indoor optical cable has compact structure, beautiful appearance and excellent bending performance, and is especially suitable for wiring in complex indoor environment.
KFRP Technical Indicators
|Minimum Bending Property
|10Dending diameter:10D, surface with no bur, cracks and break
High temperature bending test
|Bending diameter:30D, surface with no bur, cracks and break
Low temperature bending test
|Surface with no bur, cracks and break
Note1: For KFRP with coating, it only considers the diameter tolerancea and non-circularity of coating.
Note2: D represents the body of KFRP itself.
Note3: Bending life of material is to research.